Potential hair and scalp benefits of amla oil include:
- Strengthen the scalp and hair.
- Reduce premature pigment loss from hair, or greying.
- Stimulate hair growth.
- Reduce hair loss.
- Prevent or treat dandruff and dry scalp.
- Prevent or treat parasitic hair and scalp infections, like lice infections.
Amla oil is most commonly used to promote hair and scalp health, but amla oil has many other uses.
Common uses of amla oil include:
- Improve immune function
- Lower or control cholesterol levels
- Lower or control blood sugar levels
- Improve brain health and function
- Reduce the effects of premature aging
- Improve vision
- Reduce dry skin
- Reduce dehydration
- Lighten or brighten the skin
- Improve respiratory function and coughs
- Reduce cold and flu recovery time
- Reduce the risk of cancer and chronic diseases
- Improve blood pressure
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Reduce the appearance of scars, blemishes, age spots, and wrinkles
- Improve vision and eye health
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces sinus congestion
- Improve digestion and food absorption
- Enhances male fertility
- Improve urinary health
Common compounds and nutrients found in amla fruit and oil:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Amino acids (alanine, lysine, proline, aspartic acid, glutamic acid)