- Calories: 119
- Total fat: 13.5 grams
- Saturated fat: 1.1 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.4 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3 grams
- Vitamin E: 26% of the RDI
- Phytosterols: 35.9 mg
Fatty Acid Breakdown
- Monounsaturated fat: 70%
- Polyunsaturated fat: 20%
- Saturated fat: 10%
- Almond oil is a popular ingredient in natural beauty products. This mild and soothing oil is beneficial for both the skin and hair.
- This is partly thanks to its emollient properties, meaning it helps prevent water loss from the skin.
- This quality makes almond oil an excellent choice to keep the skin, hair and scalp soft and hydrated.
- The moisturizing effects of almond oil may be especially helpful for people who have dry or sensitive skin.
- Almond oil is packed with vitamin E, which may help protect the skin from sun damage and premature aging.
- Animal studies have shown that when applied to the skin, vitamin E may help protect cells from sun damage. It does this by reducing DNA damage and chemical and structural changes in the skin that have been caused by the sun’s rays.
- This makes using unrefined almond oil important in skincare as well, as unrefined oil is higher in vitamin E. What’s more, this soothing oil may even help prevent the spread of stretch marks.
- One study in 160 women found that the topical application of sweet almond oil reduced the spread of stretch marks in the abdominal area, as well as redness and itching.
- This versatile oil makes a great choice for people looking for natural beauty products that have a limited number of ingredients and can be used in many ways.
- It can function as a gentle makeup remover, a natural skin or hair moisturizer or velvety massage oil.